Week NINE: Cleveland, Green Bay, Arizona, Washington
- Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Tannehill QB MIA: Tannehill came back from injury last week and put a solid 15 fantasy points against Indy. The Colts give up the 3rd most fantasy points to opposing QBs, averaging 18 points a game. Tannehill does well against “easy” matchups, averaging 16 fantasy points in those games.
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB BUF: New England are the 4th easiest secondary for fantasy QBs. They average 16 fantasy points to opposing QBs with 4 QBs in a row scoring over 20. Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez only scored 10 and 13 points since then. Fitz averages 20 points a game against “easy” matchups.
- Jordy Nelson
- Randall Cobb
- James Jones
- Larry Fitzgerald
Emmanuel Sanders WR PIT: Coach Mike Tomlin said Antonio Brown (ankle) is doubtful to play in Monday’s game against the Chiefs. So we can now safely assume that Brown will be inactive in Week 10. Sanders figures to draw the start and will be a high-upside spot-start vs the KC secondary that gives up a combined 24 fantasy points to opposing WRs. What we really like is the cornerback matchup now that Stanford Routt was released and replaced by Javier Arenas. Sanders has posted a solid 24/302/1 line as the No. 3 wideout so far this season.
Malcom Floyd WR SD: Floyd posted a decent 10 fantasy points last week vs KC, this week he gets the second easiest matchup for fantasy WRs in the Buccaneers secondary. The Bucs give up over 22 fantasy points a game to opposing WRs including double digits a game to split ends. Floyd will see cornerback Eric Wright, who gives up 9 fantasy points a game.
Mike Williams WR TB: Williams has been on a hot streak with 3 of his 4 last games in double digit scoring. This week he gets the San Diego defense who have been stout in the last couple weeks but can be beat. Williams will see cornerback Antoine Cason who gives up 8 fantasy points a game.
Nate Washington WR TEN: Nate Washington has been a steady WR4 so far this season but scored 9 points against a tough Chicago defense. He Gets Miami this week that is the 5th easiest matchup for fantasy WRs. Miami gave up double digits scoring to three different receivers in week 9.
- Alfred Morris
- Trent Richardson
- Alex Green / James Starks
- Daniel Thomas RB MIA: Thomas continues to eat into Reggie Bush’s workload and has had three double digit scoring weeks in the last month. Each of those came against “easy” matchups. This week Miami faces the 4th easiest matchup for fantasy RBs in TEN. We have seen second RBs score double digits against them this season. We like Thomas as a flier who could produce low double digits as a flex in week 10.
- Jaquizz Rodgers RB ATL: Rodgers played on 25-of-67 offensive snaps in the Falcons’ Week 9 win over the Cowboys and Michael Turner played 36 snaps. Turner is holding his groudn as leade runner for the Falcons. However, the Falcons face the Saints horrid rush defense. They are the leagues easiest matchup for RBs and give up a combined 20 fantasy points a game. Even guys like Ronnie Hillman and Ronnie Brown scored 8 points against them in limited duty. Rodgers could perform well against a defense giving up over 5.3 yards per carry.
- Vick Ballard RB IND: Donald Brown didn’t see a single carry after his surgically-repaired knee flared up on Saturday and again early in Sunday’s game. Brown is officially “day to day,” but it’s unlikely that he will work out the swelling and inflammation on a short week. Vick Ballard is shaping up as a top-25 fantasy option against a Jaguars defense that has allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing backs. Ballard is 19th in fantasy points per game over the past three weeks since we first recommended you pick him up.
- Rashad Jennings RB JAX: In a tough matchup last week vs Detroit, Jennings scored only 7 points. However, this week he gets the 6th easiest matchups for fantasy RBs in The Colts. Lead backs have scored double digits every week against Indy.
- For fantasy purposes….None to speak of
Scott Chandler TE BUF: Chandler is on your waiver wire because he hasn’t had a double digit scoring effort since week 4. However this week he gets the Patriots second easiest defense for fantasy TEs. Pats got beat up early in the season by tight ends to get that ranking and one of those TEs was Chandler who scored a season high 18 fantasy points in week 4.
Jermaine Gresham TE CIN: Gresham has had two double digit fantasy games in his last three and this week he gets the 10th easiest matchup for fantasy TEs in the Giants. They got beat up badly against Jason Witten two weeks ago to hurt this ranking but still gave up points to Steeler tight ends. We like his chances to get his third double digit score this week.
Steelers Defense: Steelers win the Chiefs lottery this week. Chiefs are the team to start your defense against as they give up 2 fumbles, 2 sacks 2 INTs and score less than 17 points a game. Enjoy Monday Night!
Broncos Defense: Broncos travel to Carolina to play a struggling Panthers offense that averages 1 fumble, 2 sacks and 1 INT a game. They score less than 19 points a game. Last week Denver got 5 sacks against Cincinnati.